Have you always dreamed of owning a mountain lifestyle investment property in Canmore, Alberta, Canada but don’t have any interest or experience in the hospitality industry?
What if we told you that it’s possible to have a mountain lifestyle property in Canmore that virtually pays for itself?
Property Management Services
- Advertising Galore: We advertise all over the freaking place! We don’t stop at just AirBNB and VRBO.
- Direct Booking: This one is more important than most. When a guest books online through AirBNB or VRBO 14% of your revenue is paid to the other companies. We do everything we can to encourage guests to book direct.
- Photography: Images sell, that’s why we only use professional photos, but we don’t stop there, we also provide virtual tours and interactive floor plans. Because going on holiday is supposed to be fun!
- Unit Staging: We take immense pride in ensuring your home looks picture perfect and inviting *before* the photographer arrives, as well as every day after that, for you, and your guests.
- Guest Management:
- All guest correspondence. That’s right. We take care of all your guest’s calls, emails, negotiating check in and out times. Yes, we will even answer questions about what kind of coffee maker your unit has. Communications is not for the faint hearted, it’s a lot to manage!
- You also get access to our decades of industry experience aka our secret ‘guest list.’ That’s right! Guests review us online and we review them in private. We keep track guests with a simple green and red system. Green = Good. Red = Not So Good.
- Bed/Bath Linen: No need to buy oodles of towels and sheets plus find a place to store them all. Quality, clean linen is also included in our fees. Exception: Home owners are responsible for cost of linens that stays in their unit (blankets, pillows, mattress protectors, etc).
- Consumables: Toilet Paper, tissues, paper towels, toiletries, laundry supplies, dishwashing supplies, etc. It’s a long list, and it’s all included for you.
- On Call Services: When the Guest can’t figure out the remote control or the heating. When a coffee carafe gets broken, or the microwave’s a tad bit too high tech. When someone is lost, locked out, or otherwise needs assistance, our team will be there for your guests.
- Local Reservations Team: That’s right! Our guest calls are answered by real humans who live in Canmore and have been to every one of our units. Our team loves to work with our clients to find the perfect property for them and to help provide local details that help make their trip special and memorable.
- Unit Specific Advertising: We believe in authenticity, transparency and honesty. We don’t like the bait-and-switch thing (where a guest sees a photo of a beautiful unit, then shows up to find they’re assigned the unit with the crappy view). All of our photos and listings are from the exact unit being rented.
- Multiple Listings: As an established property management company with a large collection of units in Canmore we have access to multiple vacation rental inventories in each location. So, if your unit has an emergency, we can usually find alternate accommodation for your confirmed guests. Heck, if you decide to use your unit personally, we’ll find upgraded accommodation for your guest.
- Rate Management:
- Customized Dynamic Rates
- Rate Updates across all advertising sites
- Basic Maintenance: Loose towel bars. TV mounting. Audio/Visual trouble-shooting. Internet protocols. Clogged drains. Waiting for the cable guy. If the installation positively affects the experience for our guests, it’s probably included. If the repair was required as a result of the guest, it’s probably included.
- Non Resident Tax Remittance: Not a resident of Canada? We help non-residents navigate the Non Resident Tax.
- GST Agent: Did you know that you can save yourself the hassle of GST Remittances? We are authorized to be your GST Agent. We remit everything on your behalf.
- New Unit Set Up: We make new Unit Set Up look easy (only because we’ve done it so many times, so we know what we’re doing).
- Professional Development: We’ve attended many Vacation Rental Conferences over the last few decades, often as a guest speaker. We’re also proud of all our professional memberships. We offer a wealth of experience, knowledge, insights and connections from which our clients benefit from.
- Condo Meeting Report: We attend those on your behalf, and report back to you.
- Bulk Orders/Discounts: If we find a deal on something, we will offer owners a bulk order…. And, we don’t like to brag, but we’re really good at finding deals!
- Applied Experience & Knowledge: When we learn a great lesson at one property, we implement the knowledge to all our properties.
While we could go on and on about what our fees include, it’d be a very long list. It is easier to list what isn’t included:
- Major Maintenance: Things that require speciality contractors like electricians and plumbers, significant renovations, or speciality equipment.
- Ongoing Property Maintenance: Landscaping, snow removal, furnace maintenance — all the stuff you would need to do even if the property wasn’t being rented… but don’t worry. You get a remarkable rate with us compared to what you’d pay if you hired these vendors yourself. We have a vested interest in having your home well-maintained all the time. Happy guests = happy owners, it increases property values and we employ local staff. Everyone is happy.
- Furniture, Appliances, Some Linens: Your unit should be Fully Furnished. We have great suppliers and can probably find you great deals … but the expense itself belongs to you.
What will it cost you?
25% Booking Commission
$575-$1625 Annual Listing Fee (varies by the size of the property, and selected optional services like video monitoring, noise monitoring, etc)
15% Mark-up on any out-of-pocket purchases
The Fine Print: The relationship between home owner and Short Term Rental Manager is like a marriage. Heck… we literally control access to your property, manage your home finances and know when/where you go on vacation. Does anything sound more like a spouse?