Our main goal in business (and in life) is to help people find joy.
… Sometimes it’s the joy of Financial Independence.
… Sometimes it’s the joy of visiting the Mountains.
… Sometimes it’s the joy of getting paid to travel.
That’s what we do: encourage people to figure out their joy, and have more time available for more joy.
Joy — we sprinkle that $%!^ on everything.
And we manage Short Term Rental Properties (AKA Vacation Rentals, AirBNBs, Holiday Homes)
Everyone wants to know what it costs, so here it is:
20-25% Booking Commission + Per Stay Fee (Cleaning, usually recovered from the Guest as a Cleaning Fee) + Annual Listing Fee (Varies by Size of Property, and Individual Owner Preferences)
… but the more important question is “What do the fees include?”
- Advertising Galore: We advertise all over the freaking place! Guests can call one number and find a list of suitable units.
- Photography: Professional Photography, Virtual Tour, Interactive Floor Plans, and Unit Staging.
- Guest Management:
- All Guest Correspondence. The calls. The emails. Negotiating of Check In Times. Answering questions about what kind of coffee maker the unit has. Yeah … it’s a lot to manage!
- We keep track of Green & Red Listed Guests. Green = Good. Red = Not So Good.
- Bed/Bath Linen: No need to buy oodles of towels and sheets, and find a place to store it all. Clean Linen is included in our fees. Exception: HomeOwners are responsible for cost of linen that stays in the unit (blankets, pillows, etc).
- On Call Services: When the Guest can’t figure out the Remote Control. When a Coffee Carafe gets broken. When someone is lost, locked out, or otherwise needs assistance, we will be there.
- Local Reservations Team: Real Humans who have actually been to the unit and area answer Guest Calls. The local touch has a huge impact on the Guest Experience.
- Unit Specific Advertising: We don’t like the bait-and-switch thing (where a Guest sees a photo of a beautiful unit, then shows up to find out they were assigned the unit with the crappy view). All of our Unit Photos and Listings are from the exact unit being rented.
- Multiple Listings: We have access to a lot of Vacation Rental Inventory in each location. So, when your unit has an unexpected emergency, we can usually find alternate accommodation for your Confirmed Guests. Heck, you can even decide that you want to use the unit personally, and we will find upgraded accommodation for the Guest.
- Rate Management:
- Customized Dynamic Rates
- Rate Updates across all advertising sites
- Basic Maintenance: Loose Towel Bars. TV Mounting. Audio/Visual Trouble Shooting. Internet Protocols. Clogged Drains. Waiting for the Cable Guy. If it is in the wheelhouse of our staff, it is included.
- Non Resident Tax Remittance: Not a resident of Canada? We help non-residents navigate the Non Resident Tax.
- GST Agent: Did you know that you can save yourself the hassle of GST Remittances? We are authorized to be your GST Agent. We remit everything on your behalf.
- New Buyer Services: Are you buying an Investment Property in one of our locations? Contact us first!
- We are the first to know if a Local Owner wants to sell their existing Investment Property.
- We know which properties have more revenue potential than others.
- We buy so many properties that our Real Estate Professionals treat our clients really well. Even better than the already high level of standard to which they naturally hold themselves.
- New Unit Set Up: We make new Unit Set Up look easy (only because we’ve done it so many times, so we know what we’re doing).
- Professional Development: We attend many Vacation Rental Conferences per year (often as a Guest Speaker), and have professional memberships out the wazoo. That’s a lot of knowledge and connections from which our clients benefit.
- … but wait! There’s more!
- Condo Meetings? We attend those on your behalf, and report back to you.
- If we find a deal on something, we will offer owners a Bulk Order. …. and we are really good at finding deals!
- When we learn a great lesson at one property, we implement the knowledge at all properties.
- Time to sell? No worries.
We could go on and on and on, but it would be a long list of what our fees include. It is easier to list what isn’t included:
- Major Maintenance: Things that require electricians and plumbers, significant renovation, or specialty equipment.
- Consumables: Toilet Paper, Tissue, Light Bulbs, etc. The 2019 Cost to Owners was $0.40 Per Guest Per Night. We get some pretty wicked bulk purchasing deals, though. And we also know the best products (and the worst ones that should be avoided).
- Furniture, Appliances, Some Linens: Your unit should be Fully Furnished. We have great suppliers, and can probably find you great deals … but the expense belongs to you.
- + 15% Mark Up on any Out-Of-Pocket purchases
The Fine Print:
- The relationship between Home Owner and Vacation Rental Manager is like a marriage. Heck … we literally control access to your property, manage your Home Finances, and know when/where you go on vacation. Does anything sound more like a Spouse?
- We receive a Referral Fee when you purchase a property through one of our Real Estate Agents.
Emergency Cleaning/Concierge Services:
… When your Cleaner doesn’t show up (or you forgot to schedule a cleaning. Oops!).
… When your neighbour calls because 8 vehicles full of teenagers just pulled up to your unit with a sleeve of Red Solo Cups and a Beer Keg.
… When your Guests decided that FireWorks were a good idea in a residential area.
… When the AC isn’t working, and you need a carload of fans delivered PRONTO! Heck, we might even have spare fans to rent to you temporarily.
… When you need a Real Human to respond in person to a sticky situation, we will respond quickly and professionally.
What will it cost you?
The Fine Print: If you need our Emergency Services more than once, hopefully you will consider letting us manage your unit. Because you could be sitting on a beach drinking Mai Tais (or whatever strikes your fancy) while we magically take care of all of this.