To view a virtual tour of this property click here.
– Two large south-facing balconies overlooking local mountains
– Large BBQ and outdoor wood-burning fireplace with panoramic mountain views
– Fully stocked gourmet kitchen, including staple food items
– Indoor rock climbing wall
– 4 Bedrooms, each with Ensuite Bathrooms
– In suite Washer/Dryer with laundry supplies
– A selection of board games and books for your enjoyment
– Includes 2 National Park Passes
Welcome to a unique architecturally designed private residence that is set high on a mountain near the end of a quiet cul-de-sac overlooking the town of Canmore, Alberta. The home was completed in 2009 and will appeal to people with an interest in modern design with an alpine flair. The house is located in a four-season development centered around a golf course and backs onto miles of protected government land with hiking, biking, and winter sports out your door. The home features spectacular mountain views from every angle.
This 5800+ square foot home boasts 4 bedrooms, all with hand-laid glass mosaic tiled ensuite bathrooms. There is an additional powder room off the kitchen/dining area. The house is large enough for family reunions or corporate retreats, yet intimate in scale for smaller groups. The bedrooms are spread out in the house over 3 levels to provide the maximum amount of separation and privacy. Just a few of the unique touches include reclaimed maple flooring, imported Italian door hardware, heated ensuite floors, quarter-sawn white oak cabinetry, and an indoor rock and bouldering climbing area!
Main Level: The large foyer leads into the open concept kitchen/dining area with reclaimed maple hardwood flooring throughout. The fully-equipped kitchen features everything you need to prepare the perfect meal and Whirlpool stainless steel appliances: double oven, gas 5-burner cooktop, side-by-side refrigerator with icemaker, dishwasher and microwave oven. Enjoy a quick bite to eat at the eat-in bar (seats 6) or sit down for a grander meal at the dining room table (seats 12). The custom kitchen features quarter-sawn white oak cabinets and top-of-the-line appliances. Don’t forget to turn on the gas wall fireplace to set the mood while enjoying dinner! You can relax in the spacious living room in front of the river-rock fireplace while reveling in the Mountain View that surrounds you.
Upper Level: The upper level features a grand master bedroom with custom walk-in closet and an indoor balcony which looks onto the 3-story indoor rock climbing area. The ensuite bathroom features a walk-in shower with glass enclosure and double vanities with plenty of storage. At the end of your day of hiking/skiing/golfing, enjoy a soak in the jetted soaker tub while enjoying the mountain view prior to climbing into the queen size bed. You’ll wish you could stay forever.
The upper level is also home to the 2nd bedroom, featuring an ensuite bathroom, large closet and queen bed. Use the office area to email all your friends and tell them what a great time you are having in the Canadian Rockies. The home features commercial quality wireless internet access to stay in touch at work and keep the kids online and happy after a day of adventure. If you haven’t gotten enough of the views from the numerous windows, take a stroll on the large balcony that wraps around the side of the home, and connects to the even larger balcony down below.
Lower Level: If you are travelling with kids, they will love the lower level! The lower level is the ultimate sleepover area! It features a bunk room with 3 single beds, double futon and two single futons, ensuite bathroom, media room, ping pong table, foosball table and access to the 3-story indoor rock climbing area, with bouldering wall*. For entertaining, enjoy use of the large wet bar to mix your favorite cocktails, or pour a glass of wine *This area can be locked off so curious kids can look, but not touch. Children must be supervised when using the climbing area.
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed
2nd Bedroom: Queen Bed
3rd Bedroom: King Bed, can be converted to two twin beds
4th Bedroom: This room currently has 3 single beds (Upper bunk, lower bunk, trundle bed).
Media Room: Double futon and 2 single futons
Regardless of the number of sleeping areas available, we are only permitted to allow a maximum of 10 people and we never exceed that limit.
The 3rd bedroom features flexible bedding options (two twin beds, or one king bed). Please let us know at the time of booking how you would like this bedroom configured.
The property is located in Canmore, Alberta. It is a 5 minute drive to main street (restaurants and shops). It is a 15 minute drive to Banff. For security reasons, we do not disclose the exact location of the house.
– Maximum occupancy is 10 people and includes adults and children. This includes any person staying overnight, coming over for dinner or just popping by quickly. This is stipulated by our business insurance and we never exceed that limit.
– As per our insurance, all guests must be registered in advance. Send us a message and we will update your guest list.
– No pets allowed. This is a wish of the property owner.
– No parties or events.
– Everyone must be over the age of 25 (or children travelling under the direct supervision of a legal parent/guardian).
– Please take your shoes off at the front door. This is a Canadian custom and it makes the lives of our cleaning team much easier and helps keep the property in tip top shape!
– Guests will need to sign our booking agreement. This is an easy digital process and we email all the information out when we confirm your booking.
– And finally, have fun, relax and enjoy the comfort and joy of our beautiful home.
There is one step to get into the Lower Level of the property. The Main Level is located up on standard flight of stairs. The Upper Level is located up one standard flight of stairs from the Main Level.
Canmore, Alberta T1W 3K9
Bedroom 1, Upper Level: Queen Bed
Bedroom 2, Upper Level: Queen Bed
Bedroom 3, Main Level: King Bed, or Two Twin Beds
Bedroom 4, Lower Level: 3 Single Beds (Upper Bunk, Lower Bunk, Trundle Bed)
Bathroom 1: 4-piece Bathroom with Walk In Shower and Jetted Tub
Bathroom 2: 3-piece Bathroom, Walk In Shower
Bathroom 3: 3-piece Bathroom, Walk In Shower
Bathroom 4: 4-piece Bathroom, Tub/Shower Combo
Bathroom 5: Powder Room