We spend a great deal of time speaking with our potential guests to make sure they are choosing the right property for their needs. Sometimes, this takes hours as we highlight every walking trail and restaurant in the area. If a guest keeps asking us questions, we will keep answering them.
Is a vacation rental right for me?
Only you know the answer to that question. Here are some things to consider:
- How long are you visiting? Typically, vacation rentals are enjoyed by people staying 2 or more nights, and you will find many properties have a minimum night’s stay. The longer you stay, the lower the nightly rate.
- How many people are you travelling with? Vacation Rentals tend to be larger than a standard hotel room, and can offer great value when travelling with others. Perhaps you want grandpa to be nearby, but not snoring in the hotel bed two feet away.
- Are you travelling with children? Put the kids to bed in their own bedroom, while mom and dad enjoy a movie. Many vacation rentals also supply books, games, movies, cribs, toys, you name it!
- Do you like to eat? At a vacation rental, you can benefit from making your own meals. Eating out for every meal can be costly while on vacation.
- Do you like to get good value? At a vacation rental, you can benefit from making your own meals. Eating out for every meal can be costly while on vacation. Even if you like to eat out, just having snacks and cold beverages available can make a large difference in your travel budget.
If you are only visiting for a night or two, a hotel would likely be a better choice. If you like personal service and unique accommodations, a Bed & Breakfast or Inn is a better choice for a 1 or 2 night stay. The longer you are visiting and the larger the group, the more sense a vacation rental property makes.
Is there a hot tub? Would you want to live next to a house hosting a Hot Tub party every weekend? Probably Not. And that is the reason none of our Private Homes have Hot Tubs. Some condo-style units will have shared hot tubs or other shared recreational facilities.
If you are in need of a soak we suggest you visit the Banff Hot Springs. In Canmore, Elevation Place has an indoor lap pool, water slide, spa and sauna.
Can we rent a hot tub? See above. It wouldn’t be cool to rent a Hot Tub, and leave us to deal with the utility bill, and really upset neighbours. You’d be risking our Operating License, and we wouldn’t be very happy about that.
The Maximum Occupancy is list as 8 Guests, but we have 10 Guests. Can you provide some air mattresses and extra blankets/towels/dishes? Our Operating License stipulates that the Maximum Occupancy cannot be exceeded at any time. Our insurance only covers registered guests. So unfortunately, this rules out any event where the maximum occupancy will be exceeded. … but we are really clean! … but we can’t find anywhere else to stay! … but we will pay extra! … but that’s not fair! There are not any exceptions, and here is why: The HomeOwner is relying on rentals to pay for their home, and our Staff are relying on us having an Operating License to provide employment for them. We would be risking people’s livelihoods. So, the answer is no.
Can we host our Wedding or Special Event at your property? Congratulations — sounds fun! Sure you can, but only if your group is less than the Maximum Occupancy of the property. See above.We wish you all the best with your event planning.
Can I bring my pet? Pets are only allowed at Pet Friendly properties. Please check the Property Website to see if pets are allowed.